Can your “S” cam brake maintenance be improved?
- Is your old core bin full of half-worn shoes?
- Is the bottom shoe wearing out faster than the top shoe on your “S” cam brakes?
- Do you have problems complying with brake stroke checks at roadside inspections?
- Do you need to adjust brakes regularly to avoid problems at roadside inspections?
- Do you feel your automatic brake adjusters don’t always perform as they should?
- Do you need to replace cams and bushings more often than every 3rd reline?
- Is your brake maintenance cost higher than you think it should be?
If some of these issues concern you, talk to us and we will be able to help.
- A proven repair procedure for “S” cam brakes on trailers and trucks used by hundreds of satisfied motor carriers
- Solutions to all cam-bushing related problems like uneven lining wear, excessive brake noise
- Help in reducing brake fading and automatic brake adjuster problems
- Improved brake performance and safety
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Regular lubrication ensures 20 times more durability than regular cam-bushings
- Removes excessive play between cam and bushing
- Peak performance of automatic brake adjusters means shorter brake stroke
- Helps keeping brake chamber push rod travel within specifications
- Reduced cam-to-bushing friction means improved braking capacity
- 25% Added brake life / no more half-worn brake shoes in the old core bin
- No cam work for many future relines
- Simple 40 minute per axle procedure with easy to use “DO IT YOURSELF TOOL KIT”
- Available at certified installers across Canada
- Available through Original Equipment Manufacturers
Follow links below for detailed installation procedure
AWT Master Parts Catalogue 2010 (PDF Download)
Download Section (Service Bulletins, Manuals and Catalogs)
Spider bracket repair Spider bracket rebuild Spider rebuild
Loose cam bushing in spider bracket Damaged spider bushing channel
oversize cam bushing Cam bushing channel rebuild
Welded spider brackets
do it yourself tool kit
Can sloppy cam-bushings affect foundation brake integrity and performance?
- Are the cam-bushings loose inside the spiders?
- Can you see or feel damage inside your spider’s cam-bushing channel?
- Have you tried rebuilding the surface with welding processes without success?
- Are the spiders welded to the axles?
- Is brake stroke causing you compliance problems?
- Are the brake shoes unevenly worn?
Axle replacement is NOT the only alternative.
How would you like to rebuild damaged spider bushing channels on the spot?
SPIDER + is the cost effective solution you need
1st and 2nd oversize sturdy cam-bushings and seals are available for most trailer axle models and also some popular drive axles. This corrective technology will restore the Spider Bushing Channels to original geometry.
The easy-to-use “Do-it-yourself” tool kit available for trailer & drive axles enables a single technician to perform a “MACHINE SHOP QUALITY” repair in just about 30 minutes per spider.
THI-1500 Series Cam Tube Enclosures for Hendrickson Intraax suspensions
Extra Heavy duty cam tube system High performance wheel end components
Intraax cam tube enclosure Brake foundation
This sealed brake foundation component is built with optimized bearing journal alignment technology to enable low camshaft side-play and prevent road contamination from entering the lubricant reserve and becoming an abrasive compound contributing to rapid wear of the assembly.
The rugged design of this important brake foundation component is made of high strength steel and engineered for maximum performance in heavy duty applications where other regular replacement parts can’t resist the beating generated by ROUGH & TOUGH road conditions.
In “OFF ROAD” applications, the THI 1500 series Cam tube is the only fighting chance your brake foundation has to survive more than one reline. This design fears no wet conditions or dirt. With regular lubrication intervals, they offer;
- Reliable and improved brake performance for many relines.
- Reduced brake stroke
- 25% added brake life
- Helps reduce brake noise
- Reduced maintenance cost
- Even wear pattern on brake shoes
- Superior foundation integrity
- Extra heavy duty performance
- Available for 1st and 2nd oversize ** SPIDER +
- Durability way beyond anything else on the aftermarket
5 Year limited warranty
-THI 1500 series cam-tube system
The THI-1500 series tube feature a lubricant purge system that allows proper lubricant flow to the spider cam bearing journals whenever lubricating the assembly. This ensures proper lubrication of both cam bearing journals.
– Conventional tube enclosures
Conventional cam-tube assemblies usually have new lubricant flowing only to the spline end journal due to a positive seal at the spider end of the tube to prevent grease contamination of the brake foundation. This positive seal locks out new lubricant to be delivered to the spider bearing journal because the old lubricant cannot be purged out of the assembly.
– Convenient installation kit
Cam-tube enclosure assemblies come with all installation hardware in the box. Everything you need to install these components along with instructions and service bulletins for pertinent information on lubrication and other topics.
All tubes are available with matching camshafts for;
- Standard spider channel size
- 1st oversize ** SPIDER + bushing channel re-dimensioning system
- 2nd oversize ** SPIDER + bushing channel re-dimensioning system
** Ask your Rough & Tough tube supplier for the SPIDER + spider bushing channel oversizing tool kit, and save your axles at a fraction of the replacement cost.
Because you deserve an impartial opinion oriented towards your best interests.
- No brand name discrimination / we evaluate and discuss all OEM and aftermarket brands
- Industry certified / seasoned facilitators
- State-of-the-art tutorials and training programs
- Outside-the-box thinking
- Custom made solutions to your tech support needs
- High Performance wheel end components
- Innovative maintenance tools
On-the-floor Technical Support
- In house “Standard Operational Procedure” development
- Recurring issue diagnosis and corrective procedure development
- Warranty claims’ assistance & legal representation
- Technician assistance & on-the-floor training
- Customized training programs with hands-on practice
- Entry level technician coaching
Our Technical Training Products
- Air Brake Systems’ training
- Wheel end maintenance training
- Electric / Hydraulic Tail gate maintenance
- Electrical basics and troubleshooting
- Vehicle inspection
- Custom made training courses
- External conference room classes
- Internal training in your premises
« A very big “Thank you” for your great effort and rapid intervention. Our recurring maintenance issues have been resolved. Your “outside the box” thinking brought the solutions others failed to recommend. » J. Smith, CEO / Transport industry leader
The level of efficiency has improved considerably in our repair shops since we signed onto your tech support program. We plan to have your facilitators come in on a regular basis to help our techs improve their skill levels. We appreciate the knowledge and dedication of your staff. Thank you! T. Di Iorio / Independent repair shop (Ontario)
High Performance Product
Our High Performance wheel end components are engineered from the diagnostic of failure analysis of regular parts. Improvements are tested and evaluated to ensure that design corrections enhance the performance and quality of the targeted components. In many applications these components become permanent replacement parts.
Our Optimum Contact cam-bushing system is available through selected Original Equipment Manufacturers.
Innovative Maintenance Products
Our INJECT-AIR preventive maintenance foggers help eliminate cold weather freeze-ups and premature wear of internal pneumatic components. Periodic fogging during regular scheduled maintenance lubricate air systems for problem free operation during all seasons. Approximately $1 dollar per treatment.
Diesel Fuel Conditioners that outperform most products on the market, clean up EGR systems & coolers and resolve regeneration issues for pennies per liter.